Dernière mise à jour : September 22, 2023
Table of Contents
- Personal Information Collected
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions
- Other Online Services
- Your Choices
- Data Retention
- Data Security
- U.S. State Privacy Rights
- Additional Information for Those Located Outside of the United States
Personal Information Collected
We may collect personal information directly from you (such as when you register an online account, request customer service, or make a purchase), from our vendors and service providers, through online tracking technologies such as cookies (see Section 3 entitled “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” below for more information), and other sources such as in independently-owned La-Z-boy-branded stores and data appenders. The personal information we collect about you may vary depending on the nature of your interactions with us.
Below are the categories of personal information we collect. Note that some personal information may fall under multiple categories.
- Identifiers. This includes names, contact information, Internet Protocol address, Website login credentials or other similar identifiers.
- Personal Records. This includes your signature, telephone number, and information about your education and employment.
- Characteristics of protected classifications. This includes age, gender, nationality or citizenship, and race or ethnic origin.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity. This includes Internet Protocol address, device identifiers, mobile network, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, traffic data, pages viewed, and information regarding interactions with the Website or App.
- Geolocation Data. This includes approximate location, which may be based on your ZIP code or IP address.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information. This includes audio recordings of customer service calls.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information. This includes your job title, employer, and other professional background information.
- Payment Information. You may provide certain payment information, such as credit or debit card details and billing address information.
- External Service Information. We may obtain information about you from other parties, for example if you choose to use an online feature offered through another website. External parties may provide us with information about you in connection with a co-marketing agreement or in connection with a tracking technology.
- Inferences. We may draw inferences from the other personal information we process to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences and interests.
Depending on your device or Apps permission settings, which may impact the features and functionality of the Apps, the Apps may passively collect the following information from your device:
- Camera (take pictures and videos)
- Other information (for example, receive data from Internet, view network connections, full network access)
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We and our vendors may use a variety of tracking technologies, such as cookies, that collect certain information whenever you interact with the Services, such as device identifiers, your IP address, location, other unique identifier, all of the areas within the Services that you visit, and the length and time of the visit.
Types of tracking technologies we may use:
- Operationally Necessary. These tracking technologies are used for the core operations of the Website. Without these tracking technologies, the performance of our Website may fail or not work properly. For example, ensuring the Website’s security, or that you stay logged in during your session on the Website without interrupting your account access as you move around the Website.
- Functional. These tracking technologies allow us to provide Website features to enhance your experience and to assess and address the Website’s performance through measurements analytics (such as which functions of the Website could be updated for performance efficiency). For example, these tracking technologies may allow you to enable certain embedded features, such as store locators. Without these tracking technologies, some or all of these features may not function properly.
- Analytics. These tracking technologies allow us to assess how users navigate and interact with our Website allowing us to measure and improve our services based on consumer interests and tendencies (such as knowing which parts or features of the Website are the most and least popular).
- Advertising. These tracking technologies help us, and other parties, personalize ads that are shown to you on our Website, as well as on other online services. If enabled, these tracking technologies allow you to receive cross-context and targeted advertising across online services over time. For example, if you show interest in one of our products shown on our Website, you may receive an advertisement for that same product on a different online service.
Certain advertising tracking technology vendors may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) AdChoices Program and may display an Advertising Option Icon for Interest-based Ads that links to an opt-out tool which allows you to exercise certain choices regarding targeting. You can learn more about the DAA AdChoices Program at http://www.youradchoices.com/ and its opt-out program for mobile apps at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. In addition, certain advertising networks and exchanges may participate in the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). NAI has developed a tool that allows consumers to opt out of certain interest-based ads delivered by NAI members’ ad networks. To learn more about opting out of such targeted advertising or to use the NAI tool, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and https://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choice/ for its opt-out program for mobile apps. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based ads, you will continue to receive non-targeted ads. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, external-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
For more information on Google Analytics and to exercise choices regarding the use of Google Analytics visit here; for Adobe Analytics visit here; for LiveRamp visit here; for Microsoft Advertising visit here; and for Yahoo DOT tag visit here.
Through the use of tracking technologies, we or external parties may collect information about your online activities over time and across different online services and we or external parties may combine certain information with other information about you.
You can use mobile device settings to limit mobile tracking technologies and associated activities. For instance, you can adjust or reset the advertising identifiers on your mobile device in the device settings. iOS users can visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Reset Advertising Identifier. Android users can visit Google settings > Ads > Reset advertising ID.
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We use personal information for the following reasons:
- Provide Services You Request, including by maintaining or servicing your account; operating and maintaining our online and offline goods and services; giving you information about our Services; processing your payments and orders; communicating with you about our Services; and responding to your requests and questions.
- Security and Integrity, including protecting our Services from cyber risks; preventing, identifying, investigating, and responding to fraud, illegal or malicious activities, and other liabilities; enforcing our policies and terms; protecting our rights; and generally providing you with a secure experience when using our Services.
- Quality, Safety, and Internal Research, including evaluating how our Services perform; repairing or improving the quality of our Services; tracking and responding to quality and security issues; and developing new or enhanced products and service offerings.
- Advertising and Marketing, including measuring the use of our Services and effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; and uncovering insights to improve our Services and provide our users with enhanced features and functionalities, such as personalized experiences.
The personal information we collect about you may be disclosed to, and used by, our subsidiaries. We also disclose personal information to our vendors, including those who collect, manage, and analyze our customer information and perform services for us, such as sending promotional communications and improving the performance of our Services.
We may also disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- Co-Branded Services. From time to time, we may enter into an arrangement with another company that is not owned by or affiliated with us to provide additional features on the Website and Apps. These arrangements may include business partners, sponsors, and co-branded online services (referred to here as “co-branded services”). Any information, including personal information, that you provide on one of these co-branded services may be shared with these partners. By participating in activities or providing your information on these co-branded services, you direct us to provide your information to those partners. Separate privacy policies may apply to these partners’ uses of your personal information.
- Business Transactions. In the event of a business transaction, we may disclose personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, investors, or successor entities in connection with a contemplated reorganization or an actual reorganization of our business, in connection with financing, a sale, or other transactions involving the disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purpose of permitting the due diligence required to decide whether to proceed with a transaction, pursuant to assurances of sufficient data handling practices and safeguards.
We may combine your personal information with data we obtain from our Services, other users, or third parties. We reserve the right to convert, or permit others to convert, your personal information into deidentified, anonymized, or aggregated data, as permitted by law.
Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions
As part of the Services, we may use your personal information to send you marketing materials, to conduct surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and to award prizes. We may request additional information to participate in contests and surveys (such as your contact information, photos, personal opinions, preferences, and interests). Participation in these promotions is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose your information. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of a promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the promotion’s official rules, such as on a winner’s list.
Other Online Services
If you have a registered La-Z-boy account, you may be able to change your preferences as well as update your personal information through your account settings.
If you prefer to no longer receive any marketing emails from us, you may opt out by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any of our emails. If you are opted into our text marketing program, you may opt out by texting the number you are receiving our marketing texts from with the keyword STOP, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT. You may also text the keyword HELP for more information, or otherwise refer to the texting program’s terms. Note that opting out of marketing communications may not affect your ability to receive transactional communications such as updates on your purchased orders.
We keep the categories of personal information described above for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in this Policy or to achieve the purposes for which the information was collected, or as may be permitted under applicable law. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- Your personal information is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage your relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which we collected the information;
- Your personal information is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected;
- Your personal information is reasonably required to protect or defend our rights or property (which will generally relate to applicable laws that limit actions in a particular case); or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep your personal information by applicable laws or regulations.
To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the data; the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data; the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and the applicable legal requirements. Unless otherwise required by applicable law, at the end of the retention period we will remove personal information from our systems and records.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to help protect personal information collected or received through the Services. Although we use reasonable efforts to safeguard information, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Services.
U.S. State Privacy Rights
Depending on your state of residency, such as California, Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut, and Utah, you may have certain rights related to the personal information that we have collected about you. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, subject to legal requirements. Requests to exercise your rights may be granted in whole, in part, or not at all, depending on the scope and nature of the request and applicable law.
To prevent unauthorized requests related to your personal information, we take steps to verify that you are the person that is the subject of the request. Following verification of your identity, we will process your request; if we are unable to fulfill your request, we will let you know why.
If you have a registered account on the Website or Apps, you may exercise some of these rights through your account or profile settings and preferences. You may also exercise your rights to your personal information by submitting your requests via our Privacy Rights Request Portal or by calling 1-855-802-6636. If you have questions about this process, including reexamining requests we are unable to fulfill, you may contact email@example.com.
We will not discriminate against you for choosing to exercise any of your privacy rights.
Right to Confirm, Know, or Access: You have the right to confirm that we process your personal information, know details concerning that processing, and to access your personal information.
This right covers information regarding:
- Your personal information confirmed to be processed by us
- Our purposes for processing your personal information
- The categories of personal information we disclose to external parties
- The categories of external parties to which we disclose your personal information
You also have the right to obtain your personal information in a transportable format.
Right to Correct Personal information: You may request that we correct personal information that we maintain about you if you believe such personal information is inaccurate. Upon receipt of a verifiable request to correct inaccurate personal information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the information as you direct.
Right to Request Deletion of personal information: You may request that we delete your personal information. Please note that we may retain certain personal information as permitted by applicable law.
Opt-Out Rights: Outside of the context of using tracking technology or certain marketing vendors, we do not process personal information for the purposes of selling (for monetary or nonmonetary exchange of benefit) or sharing for cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising.
To opt out of these purposes via tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) on the Website, click on the ‘Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information’ link at the footer of the Website, which will allow you to access the Cookie Manager Tool. Otherwise, submit your request via our Privacy Rights Request Portal.
You may use external-party platforms, technologies, or mechanisms to indicate your opt out preferences, such as a browser or device setting, extension, or signal. Please note that we do not control these external-party tools, and you may need to enable these tools across browsers, devices, or other methods of accessing the Website.
Authorized Agents: Depending on your state of residency, you may have the right to designate an authorized agent to make certain privacy rights requests on your behalf. We will subject privacy rights requests we receive from agents to our verification process, which includes verifying the identity of the agent and their authorization to make the request.
California's Shine the Light Law: California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to other parties, including affiliates, for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those other parties. California residents may make one such request per calendar year. To make a Shine the Light request, you may contact us by email or postal mail using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section. In your request, please state that you are a California resident and provide a current California mailing address for our response.
Additional Information for Those Located Outside of the United States
If you are located outside the United States, you acknowledge that your personal information will be processed in the United States or in other jurisdictions, which may have data protection laws and regulations that are different from the laws in your country of residence.
Le La-Z-Garçon a incorporé
Une commande de La-Z-Garçon
Monroe, MI 48162, USA